High chairs are an essential piece of baby furniture. Not only can you feed your baby in the high chair, but it’s also a perfect place for your little one to play safely while you cook. Here are five fun snack ideas that are just right for keeping your baby busy and happy in their high chair:
- Fruit: Fruit is a fabulous snack for babies. It comes in bright colors and many different textures to delight your child. Try bananas, peaches, pears, watermelon, or mango. Remember to peel and cut the pieces into appropriate sizes for your baby.
- Cereal: Cereal is a fun snack for babies, because it helps them improve their motor skills. Cheerios, Chex, Crispix, or other whole grain cereals make fun, wholesome snacks for babies and toddlers. Let your little one stack cereal, or practice pulling it out of a snack bowl.
- Cheese: For older babies, string cheese is a healthy, entertaining snack. Smaller babies can enjoy cheese cut into bite-sized pieces. Serve cheese with fruit, cereal, or crackers, or by itself to give your child a boost of calcium and vitamin D and keep him or her entertained in the high chair.
- Crackers: Bite-sized crackers can keep babies occupied in their high chairs while keeping their tummies full. Try other snack crackers like graham crackers, vanilla wafers, wheat crackers, and even saltines. Choose whole-wheat varieties for extra nutrition.
- Veggies: Older babies love to dip, so give your toddler carrots, cucumbers, and bell pepper strips with hummus, ranch dressing, or peanut butter. For younger babies, cook and cut up carrots or peas for a healthy high chair snack.
Your baby's high chair is a crucial piece of baby furniture for safe and healthy mealtimes. For high chairs and cribs, come to Baby Furniture Warehouse in Boston. Call us at (781) 670-3175 to learn more about our nursery furniture selection.